- Students' Civic Online Reasoning: A National Portrait Nov. 2019
- Fighting Fake News: Lessons From The Information Wars Nov. 2019
- How Students Engage with News - Project Information Literacy Oct. 2018
- How Youth Navigate the News Landscape Feb. 2017
- Evaluating Information: The Cornerstone of Civic Online Reasoning Nov. 2016
Information Literacy Lessons for Students
Click on the link for the lesson you need:
- How to set up an MLA formatted document in Pages or Word.
- How to create parenthetical citations (first form of in-sentence citations).
- How to create PATt sentences (second form of in-sentence citations).
- How to search for and cite images that are licensed for use.
- How to create an MLA Works Cited.
- How to decide when to quote and when to paraphrase.
- How to narrow your research topic.
- How to incorporate excerpts (quoted material) into your writing.
- How to perform advanced moves (block quoting, quoting poetry, ellipses, brackets, and sic) while incorporating excerpts.
- How to use Piktochart to create an infographic.