The Library is home to SI's new recording studio. The studio is available by reservation and drop-in use. Check out the Studio's dedicated page to make a reservation and find answers to FAQs.
The Studio has:
- MXL BCD-1`Broadcast Dynamic Microphones
- Sennheiser Closed Back Studio Monitors Headphones (HD280PRO)
- Yamaha HS7 7in Powered Studio Monitors
- Arrakis Arc-8 Bluetooth 8-Channel Broadcast Console Mixer w/ Bluetooth & USB connections
- Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB Audio Interface
- A green screen
- Sound dampening acoustic panels
Podcast & Documentary Content Resources This page is a one stop shop for all of the tips & tools you will need to create a podcast or documentary that will make people think, feel, wonder, and act.
Descript Free audio editing software that can be downloaded to a desktop or laptop (not available for IOS or Google Apps). Descript transcribes audio files and allows the user to edit audio & video like one would a Google doc. AMAZING!
Audacity Tutorial Free recording software that works on Macs or PCs.
Google Voice* You will need to download Google Voice to your iPad or iPhone and follow the steps in the link to enable call recording.
*The Library highly recommends Google Voice for recording phone interviews.